Barcelona, February 13, 2011 – Today mobile fax leader Possio announce VERA 3G Fax connector, the first stand alone paper fax solution over 2G and 3G networks.
“We help mobile operators around the world to enable fax over their networks and a couple of years ago our customers started to ask for a paper fax solution which would work regardless if the network in use was 2G or 3G”, says Mr Rickardh Gärdström, Sales Director at Possio. “This obvious request is really hard to meet why I am really proud over my colleagues achievement, continues Mr Gärdström.
Fax is still a very important way of communication in the world. In the more developed world fax is primarily used to collect signatures on paper remotely and more generally in the transport industry, but most offices still have a fax in case needed. In the developing world it’s often the primary way to communicate remotely in business and government, especially if the language isn’t using latin characters. Mobile fax adds flexibility and it is the only alternative in cases where a fixed network is not available. In developing countries fixed networks generally speaking are less available and expensive and mobile networks have been a preferred way of enabling telephony since many years. In developed countries the new trend of “one phone office solutions” originating in Sweden is gaining momentum and in these mobile offices where clients are using only mobile phones, they need a mobile fax solution.
“VERA 3G Fax connector will be perfect for mobile operators who turn customer offices mobile, says Mr Ralf Wittig, Head of products at Possio. “But interestingly enough” continues Mr WIttig, “she will also be perfect for an office in Iraq where there is no fixed network left”.
VERA 3G Fax connector is a 2G/3G terminal to which any standard G3 fax machine can be connected to send and receive paper documents. Possio plans first customer shipments of VERA 3G Fax connector for April 2011 and estimate an average street price to be around 450€, excluding the fax machine itself. She will be available through all Possio’s partners around the world.
The Swedish wireless innovator Possio invented the mobile fax machine 1989 and has ever since been leading the mobile fax industry into breaking new ground:
- 1989 Possio introduced the first analog mobile fax machine
- 1994 Possio introduced the first GSM mobile fax machine FX1
- 1999 Possio introduced the first GSM fax and phone machine PM70
- 2006 Possio introduced SVEA GSM connector with full support for fax
- 2007 Possio introduced the first mobile all-in-one fax and printer GRETA
- 2009 Possio introduced SVEA II GSM connector adding sophisticated software support enabling the fax machines to take correction to errors in the GSM network. With SVEA II Possio also introduced Professional Services assisting mobile operators making fax services work in their networks.
- 2010 Possio introduced Possio encrypted Private Fax solution (DES56 encryption)
- 2011 Possio introduce VERA 3G Fax Connector which is the first stand alone paper fax solution over 2G and 3G in the world.
“It feels great to once again respond to customer requests and move the mobile fax industry yet another step forward” concludes Mr Wittig.
Possio will exhibit in the Swedish Pavilion during Mobile World Congress, stand 2F13.
Mr. Magnus Melander, Chairman
Telephone: +46 (0) 70 230 72 51
Mr. Rickardh Gärdström, Sales Director
Telephone: +46 (0)733 10 00 99
Download this press release as PDF
Possio announce the first combined 2G and 3G stand alone paper fax solution